Tuesday, November 27, 2012

You found me, you found me.

I heard an old song this weekend, and it really hit me...harder than usual. I was actually in tears. There are only two songs in the entire world that make me so emotional that I can't help but tear up. Eminem's song Lose Yourself and The Fray's song You Found Me. I heard The Fray's song and it really made me realise how lucky I am to have people in my life who I know I can always count on to help me off the ground from a rough day. Even though there are always people at school, in my case teachers or authority figures who do not understand or take into account the severity of a situation, or friends who either don't care or don't want to listen, I know I still have those few people to help me. This song really made me reflect on my life and the lyrics really grabbed my heart.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/you-found-me-lyrics-fray.html

For me, trying to understand a songwriter's feelings while he wrote the song is what I can get out of the music. Imagery is key in melody and harmony. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment