Monday, November 5, 2012

Look up, the stars really do shine!

All my childhood, I dreamt of being a singer. I believe that all little girls go through a Britney Spears, or Madonna phase (for those of you who are still rockin' the 80's apparel and/or genre of musical serenation). Parading around the house in your mother's high heeled shoes, a scarf and a hairbrush microphone, we were definitely the diva's of our grade two classes. There's just something about the world of music and fame that just lights a spark in the hearts of young girls. I believe that most girls outgrew this desire when they either a), grew up and found themselves another dream to pursue, or b), actually heard how awful their voice was, and called it quits when they realised that they wouldn't make millions with an album. I never really lost my love for singing, but I never felt the urge to pursue it either. Its become something I do in my spare time now. I've strongly been debating making myself a YouTube account, and possibly posting songs that I record into the public streaming world. This presents a large number of difficulties for me, including making time, choosing songs that fit 'me', and also opening up to the possibility of critics and peoples' judgements. Although this is a MAJOR set back for me, I rather enjoy the idea of possible publicity. Many emerging artists made their big breaks on YouTube. For example, Justin Bieber. Even though I do not like most of his music, and my opinion on him, as a person, is not one of model, I admire, however, his love for music, and also his perseverance in the industry. Not saying that I would dive straight into the fame and leave my entire life behind if I were to be discovered, but I would definitely enjoy having feedback. I'm not an amazing singer, but I think if you're good and something and enjoy doing it, why not share it with the world, right? Whoa. rewind...<<|. Day dreaming over here. The musical relm is more than enough to keep a smile on my face. I'd rather do it because I love it, not because I need to make money or need to have people to like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment