Thursday, November 22, 2012

Where art thou, Romeo?

You know, I got to thinking the other day. And I realised how sometimes music can make you feel so alone. Listening to the radio every morning on my way to school, I hear tons of love songs that play on the air. It upsets me when I think about how happy these people must be with their love lives when they're able to write about it like that. There's a lot of things going on in my life right now, but I think I could really benefit from having someone who is there for me. Someone to support me and encourage me. To be concerned for me but know when not to speak up at the same time (considering I'm extremely stubborn and would most likely ignore that advice anyway). I want someone to accept my flaws, embrace my interests and cherish my qualities. Taylor Swift's song Begin Again off her new album really hit me this morning on my daily torturous drive. The lyrics really made me envious of the ''taken'' life.

And you throw your head back laughing
Like a little kid
I think it's strange that you think I'm funny cause
He never did
I've been spending the last 8 months
Thinking all love ever does
Is break and burn and end
But on a Wednesday in a cafe
I watched it begin again

You said you never met one girl who
Had as many James Taylor records as you
But I do
We tell stories and you don't know why
I'm coming off a little shy
But I do

Begin Again - Taylor Swift.

No comments:

Post a Comment