Monday, November 19, 2012

National Awareness!

Being that this week is bullying awareness week, I thought it would be cool to find a topic that references this and music. Looking at some artists that have been influenced by this directly, they've been able to bring that to their music and make well known songs.

Green Day has made the song Boulevard of Broken Dreams. When looking at the lyrics can you imagine it:

I walk the lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's only me, and I walk alone
Down this emptry street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
And it's only me, so I walk alone
My shadow's the only one that walks beside me.

This song is all about a boy who is broken emotionally and feels extremely alone. He's been bullied a lot in his life, and is having a really hard time.

Three Days Grace have also made a song about bullying, titled Never Too Late.

This world will never be
What I expected
And if I don't belong
Who would have guessed it
I will not leave alone
Everything that I own
To make you feel like
It's not too late, it's never too late
Even if I say
It'll be alright
Still I hear you say
You want to end your life
Now and again we try
To just stay alive
Maybe we'll turn it around 'cause it's not too late
It's never too late.

This song tells the story about a person who doesn't want to continue on in life. This song is an encouragement to all those who are simply just trying to stay alive. Hang in there, it gets better...I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment